Redditch Baby Bank accepts referrals from healthcare and welfare professionals from a wide range of community support services working with children and families in Redditch and the surrounding areas. If you are pregnant or the parent or carer of a newborn baby or young child and need help for your baby or child, please see this page. If you don’t live in Redditch or the surrounding areas, please see this page.
If you are a healthcare or welfare professional working in Redditch or the surrounding areas you can make a referral for a assistance as soon as you know there is a need – even months ahead. In urgent cases we will do our best to provide assistance at short notice including weekends and public holidays. The service is free and confidential and there are no formalities.
Please phone us on 07340 921000 or email us at email@example.com with the following information:
- your name, mobile phone number and email
- your service or organisation and an office phone number in case of difficulty
- the first name or initials of the recipient
- a list of the items the recipient requires. Alternatively we can put together a baby starter basket containing all newborn essentials.
- if the requested items are for a pregnant mum, the due date and gender of her baby (if known) so we can select appropriate clothing
- please let us also know if for example the mum is very young or a refugee, or the baby is likely to be small; we will take this into account as we choose items.
To protect a recipient’s privacy we ask that you collect the requested items and deliver to them. We aim to have a basket of the required items ready about 8 weeks before the baby is due.
We will contact you before a basket is made up to arrange a collection time. We can be flexible about collection times, including evenings and weekends. If you are not in the Redditch area a colleague coming to Redditch area can collect on your behalf or we may be able to send baskets with someone who travels your way if you are struggling. Family members are welcome to collect from us by arrangement.